Breast milk is very good given to babies from birth. Because breast milk contains colostrums which can give antibody, so the baby is healthy and not susceptible to disease. Another effect of Breast milk is the baby will be calm, not easily fussy and psychologically close to their mother. However, few mothers feel the amount of milk is not much; they asked how to produce more breast milk?
Here are few tips to increase the quantity of Breast milk:
- Increase consumption of vegetables and nuts. Especially green vegetables like spinach, katuk (in Latin = Sauropus androgynous), green beans, and all kinds of nuts.
- Increase your fluid intake. This can be done by drinking milk for breastfeeding mothers, fruit juice, and fresh water.
- If mothers can not breastfeed because traveling, for example, out of town for two days, the Breast milk must still be pumped (out). This needs to be done so that the milk does not become dry.
- The best way to stimulate milk production is by breastfeeding from birth as often as possible.
- Try to pump breast milk after a feed, until the milk is not out yet, so breasts are stimulated to produce more milk.
- Improve the physical condition with lots of rest, not too tired with other home activities.
Breast milk production is reduced or even no come out most are due to psychological factors of the mother. The cause of breast milk does not come out because mother’s lack of motivation and confidence. The more a mother to believe that breastfeeding a baby is the same as give the best thing, then this belief will make milk production will increasing. If the baby is familiarized drinking milk formula, the baby will feel lazy to suck breast milk. If mothers are lazy and lack of intent, generally milk production will decrease.
Some mothers also suspect that milk production is less due to the birth via Caesarean section. But this is a wrong opinion. Caesarean section does not affect the amount of milk production. Believe that God has provided breast milk in sufficient quantities to your baby. Following the tips will help you answer questions about how to produce more breast milk naturally. Don’t miss other article about what does a miscarriage look like.