Did you know that 80% of blood cholesterol is produced from inside our own body (endogenous factors)? If the metabolism of the body had deteriorated, such as the liver can produce cholesterol. Poor condition is indicated by the high numbers of blood cholesterol tests in the laboratory, it takes medication to control cholesterol levels continuously (long term).
But before it’s too late, health can be maintained by knowing how much cholesterol per day. Healthy living is done by maintaining balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise. Diet is not just to lose weight, but to maintain our health every day.
Low-fat diet needs to be done every one to lower cholesterol levels in the blood. Here are some easy tips that are useful to start a healthy living:
- Consumption of high-fiber foods such as cereals, vegetables and fresh fruit as your priority. As it is known, high fiber is very beneficial for our health. Processed foods are good to eat is containing nuts such as tofu and Tempe.
- Limiting the food sources of cholesterol. You can do the easy steps to avoid foods that contain saturated fats, by the way:
- Maximum eat meat 4-5 times / week and every day does not exceed 125 grams
- Eat egg yolks are not more than 3-8 items a week
- Avoiding foods such as brain, liver, intestines, kidneys and tripe
- Avoid eating cakes made of milk, egg yolks and butter
- Eat fish, chicken or egg whites instead of meat. Marine foods containing polyunsaturated oils and omega 3 should be consumed as it can help raise levels of HDL cholesterol and lowers LDL cholesterol. Healthy food is present in tuna, salmon or Spanish mackerel.
- Using oils that contain saturated fats low. You can use a rice bran oil, canola oil or olive oil.
- Choose food processing by the team, broiled, or grilled. Avoid fried foods. Fried foods contain more cholesterol than other foods.
If you always pay attention to healthy lifestyle, low-fat diet and exercise also, of course you do not need another cholesterol medication. Ideally, our food contains fat consumption below 30%, 50-60% carbohydrates and 20% protein. Try not to consume cholesterol foods to more than 300 mg per day. But if you have special conditions such as diabetes and hypertension, you should consult with a nutritionist to determine the most appropriate diet for you.
How much cholesterol per day can be your beginning guide to start a healthy life. Since high cholesterol can be the cause of emergence killer diseases 1st in the world, namely heart disease and stroke.